One Year!



The Abode of Yoga reaches the one year mark. To date -- and not counting this one -- I've written 120 posts.

I estimate that we're about 30 or so posts from the end. At the rate I've been going, that should take about three months or so. The pace, however, might slow down.

As I left the Navy -- and as I'll explain shortly -- I experienced a spiritual reawakening of sorts and had to struggle with the question of how to synthesize a mystical daily experience, an occult experience, with my new thoroughly material life. I was to find great insight in this regard from the writings of Sri Aurobindo. Translating this sythetic process in a few, snappy blog posts will be a challenge.

So, too, will be addressing some of the public challenges Guru and the Center faced in the last few years of his life -- challenges that many of my friends both inside and outside the Center would prefer not be addressed at all.

Dealing with those issues -- and for those unaware of what I'm alluding to, I'll simply have to be coy until we come to it in the story -- was a big part of my latter development and are absolutely necessary to the narrative arc of this memoir. So, I'll try to address them head-on, fearlessly, as I've tried to address all my other "issues" thus far.

Finally, let me encourage you to email me. Go to the bottom of the page, click on my profile, and there you'll find a link to my email address. Drop me a note and let me know what I've screwed up or how I can make things better. Or better yet, post a comment if you've got something you'd like to share.

Thanks for reading. And while you're waiting for the next post, take a look back now to the post that started it all one year ago: A New Beginning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations on completing your first year of writing this blog. Your story truly spans what feels like a few separate lifetimes. So many experiences, so many milestones.

Keep writing. It's been wonderful to read!
Y. said…
Thank you!

Looking forward to reading your own memoir in the coming months.

People can pre-order Jayanti's upcoming book on Amazon here (http://www.amazon.com/Cartwheels-Sari-Memoir-Growing-Cult/dp/0307393925/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230008051&sr=1-1).

Popular posts from this blog

David Moretti

Hear Me Roar

Lavanya - A Guest Post